I'm a black-and-white kind of girl. All or nothing. Perfect, or a waste of time. My eyes pass over the middle ground in search of the "perfect" way.
But life is rarely perfect, and life rarely falls into black-and-white containers. Thank God.
Life can't just be black and white, cut and dry, yes or no. If only it were that simple. But life is push and pull, tension and release, charcoal and slate and heather and silver and taupe. Life is so undefined, decisions are so relative, we fall in-between. It's frustratingly beautiful.
My life is constantly lived in all shades of grey, because there is tension between the black and white. I feel myself pulled in every direction, with no answers and little clarity. So I'm just going to write. I'm going to let my writing fall in the grey. I'm going to begin an attempt to navigate the grey. From now on, you won't get just little bits and pieces of my black-and-white attempt at perfection. The grey means you get it all.
So here's my life, bouncing around like a rubber ball, falling into the perfect shade of grey.
p.s. I didn't just go emo...I still love colors...
p.p.s. I prefer the European spelling of grey. It makes me feel intelligent and cultured.
No comments:
Post a Comment