I met my most recent and intense crush last night.
[I use the word "met" liberally--what I mean is that I saw him, oogled over him, freaked out about him, and acknowledged him as my soul mate all in the span of 6 minutes.]
I noticed his dancing first. Flailing arms and hip-hopping and moves so extreme he ended up on the floor. Literally (though that might have had to do a bit more with slipping in a puddle of water spilled on the floor..?). After a barrage of foreigners (one who offered a romantic vacation for two to his home in Brazil; one who didn't understand the concept of "no;" one who hit on me to get to my "friend in the dress..."), he was a welcome (and perfectly silly) relief.
Did I mention his skin? Olive. Perfectly olive. And I'm pretty sure I heard him whisper "te amo" as he walked past me (a girl can dream, right??)...[Speaking of dreams...I have dreams of a multi-racial and bilingual family...this seems like a good place to start.] Oh, and glasses with a v-neck shirt. Seriously?!
And you should know that it is my life goal to be more brave.
So I had the option of walking away, saying something to him, or sending Kendra in my place. (I am blessed to have a roommate much more brave than I...)
Her: (chasing after him, poking him on the back) Hi. Umm...I'm so sorry if this is totally awkward, but my friend thinks you're really cute and...Him: (laughing, excited) Really?! Okay...well...what do we do now??His Friends: GET HER NUMBER!Him: Oh, but sadly I'm not single...Her: Okay...I'm sorry...I just had to ask. You know, just in case you were soul mates...Friends: (sighing) Awww...soul mates...(Kendra walks away)
And that was my baby-step towards bravery.
I live with the hope that enough baby-steps will lead me straight to the man who will one day, some day, be my husband; the man who will one day, some day, receive a decade worth of letters tied together with yarn (his will be the only other set of eyes to have ever read those words); the man who will one day, some day, know all the plans and dreams and heartbeats that led this little lady to him, full of love.
Today, a letter to that man:
I promise to be brave and love you forever.
4 comments:
hahah yay. Iove you and your silliness.
and I am so lucky to have a roommate who is, as taylor so eloquently put it, so silly.
I love you and your crushes and your future Great Love :)
loveeee it! thanks for being you. :)
I like to think your soulmate lives in Santa Cruz...just saying.
Post a Comment