By listening to, I mean replaying over and over again in my head.
My brain is practically a stereo system.
The first time I heard this song, it was accompanied by the true story of the writer, a man who faked sickness and healing and wrote this song about the faithfulness of God in physically healing his body.
It put a bit of a damper on the song itself.
The truth of the song was still there, but somehow, singing the words made me feel like I was lying too, that I was also fabricating a story.
And for the last six months, four lines from this one song that I don't care much for has replayed in my head, over and over and ovvveeerrrrrr again.
"Nothing is impossible for You,
nothing is impossible for You,
nothing is impossible for You,
You hold my world in Your hands."
I mean, over and over and over again, this truth plays on repeat in my brain.
My entire world is in His hands.
everything that I've ever cared about
everything that I care about now
everything that I will ever care about in the future
it's in His hands.
People, experiences, circumstances--in His hands.
Everything, in His hands.
And truth: Nothing is impossible for Him.
I picture a little child in a store full of glass statues, fine china, porcelain, carefully holding a piece of work fashioned with love, keeping it close to him, aware of his responsibility to keep it whole, keep it intact. He doesn't take this job lightly. He doesn't let it fall, or break, or crumble.
And what about God? With our worlds, He cares just the same.
What felt overwhelming and defeating yesterday holds no bearing as I sing these truths over my life. He holds my world in His hands.
Nothing is impossible for Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment