
It's really hard to find the perfect mango. Like really hard. I would know, I'm a mango enthusiast. I love mangoes. "A mango a day keeps the doctor away," right? I mean, they're so good. A lot of people don't really like mangoes, which is sad to me...I totally feel like they're missing out. But I really love them. And let me just tell you, it's hard to find a good one.
Sometimes you pick it up cause it looks ripe, and it feels ripe, and it smells ripe, and then the anticipation of eating the mango builds because you just know, if this mango is ripe, man, it's gonna be good. And then it's not. It's too tart, or too hard. But you suck it up and eat it anyways.
Sometimes you pick it up, and it doesn't look ripe at all. It's still green, and hard, and doesn't smell anything like Hawaii, but it's the last thing in the apartment to eat, and you're hungry and don't want to walk to the caf, so you eat it. And it's okay. It's juicy enough and sweet enough...it's enjoyable, though you know it's not the best mango in the bunch.
Sometimes you pick it up. You really don't know what to expect. With all these mango mishaps, it's easy to become weary. But you start peeling, and you can just tell. This is it. This is THE mango. You peel faster and faster cause you just can't wait. It's juicy and lush, the perfect shade of orangeish-yellow...you've seen this before...it's the perfect mango. It kind of just melts in your mouth. It's fruit, so there is absolutely no guilt involved with eating something so sweet. (Some days I even eat two!) So it's good....and if you eat it first thing in the morning, like I like to do, it kind of sets the stage for your whole day. Weird that a fruit has so much influence over my day.
Some days are hard though, and I think God knows that we just need the perfect mango. That's what I like to think of mangoes as. You might start thinking I'm a freak right now, but seriously. It's like God is giving me a little gift...a little reminder of His love. He uses the weirdest things in my life. Sometimes it's people, sometimes it's circumstance, sometimes it's fruit. And I love that. I love that I never know what to expect. I love that when I pray, "God, I really need to feel Your love for me today," I know I will, I just have no idea how It's going to come. And I love that today, it came in the form of a perfect mango.
Also, could the mango be a metaphor for something else :) Yes, I think so....and believe me, I have a lot to say about that, too. We'll get there eventually.
4 comments:
okay so i know i just texted you to tell you that this blog is great. but ... seeing as though i'm a special invite blog reader... i feel it is necessary that i comment on here to show that you have active readers.
seriously kare...write a book, i'm not lying. also this blog thing is a GREAT idea.
in response to the mangoes...for me it's never been a fruit. but God often shows me His love through the sky. just yesterday i was driving on 580, right before the hills to castro valley, and the sun was just beginning to set, you couldn't see the sun anymore but you could see it's rays. they were shining over the hills and through the clouds and i was so in awe. it reminded me how much God loves beauty...how intricate He is...how much He appreciates the little things.
i love that God uses the things we love, ... whether it be landscape or food... He's uses His creation to speak to us...it's such a cool thing.
Kara...this is so cool! Like Rachel, it's not fruit for me. Believe it or not...it's cactus!! I was hiking through the desert this morning and couldn't stop glorifying God for his beautiful creations. The desert is so awesome!
This is a great way express yourself. I love the Mango story. The sad thing is...I had no idea you have such a love for the fruit!
Mom xoxoxo
It's not always fruit (but we all know i do love food). Sometimes it's the sky...sometimes it's people....sometimes it's just driving through the "countryside." Today it was mangoes. But that's the great thing about God. Tomorrow it could be something completely different, but it still shows His love and devotion. It's awesome.
kronkeys!!! write a book. you're unbelievable at this. also...you've swam with me SO many times...it was about time we all return the favor. Love you.
Post a Comment