Pages

Saturday, March 1, 2008

my body is a cage

If I could just touch your cloak, and be freed from my sorrow;
if I had faith enough to reach out and be set free.
My mind and my body may ever fail me, yet you call me into you, saying,
"Daughter, come in Love," and, "Child, Go in peace."

Twelve years of suffering released in one moment.
One moment of fear, one moment of redemption,
following in the train of your glory.

"Who touched my clothes," you asked as your mercy fell upon me.
"Who touched me?," again, and I could feel your deep love.

How could I not fall at your feet, shaking in awe...?

One word you spoke and I knew that I was yours:
"Daughter" you called me, and I was white as snow.

One sentence in the midst of thousands, and my life is forever changed.
You looked for me in the midst of a crowd.
You spoke to me though the work was already done.
You felt it in Your body, in Your hands and in Your feet;
the weight of Your glory, now I feel it in mine.

Now I go, I go in peace.

If I could just touch your cloak and be freed of my sorrow;
if I had faith enough to reach out and be set free.

**Mark 5:25-34

1 comment:

Libby Ashley said...

this is absolutely beautiful. what an incredible interpretation. you should probably add "writing a version of the bible" to your life list.
honestly kar, one of the most beautiful things you've ever written. i'm going to print it out and put it in my journal as a constant reminder of the incredible power of our God.