fear [feer]
-noun
1. a distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, etc., whether the threat is real or imagined; the feeling or condition of being afraid2. a specific instance of or propensity for such a feeling: an abnormal fear of heights.3. concern or anxiety; solicitude: a fear for someone's safety.
4. reverential awe, esp. toward God.
5. that which causes a feeling of being afraid; that of which a person is afraidsynonyms: anxiety, aversion, the jitters antonyms: bravery, dreams, loveSynonyms (including, but not limited to): lighting an oven with a match by myself, difficult phone calls, snakes, parrots, eels and cockroaches, God (see definition four), hereditary divorce, the day that a family member dies, accidentally taking something illegal though airport security, dating, forgetting birthdays, Voldemort, forgetting anything, leaving the straightener on and accidentally burning down my house, hoarding instead of giving, bouncing my rent check, giving bad advice, blood, reading poetry aloud, small planes, infidelity, gas stations alone at night, etc, etc, etc.
But I would need a billion bony fingers on a million bony hands to count the things that make me an antonym (AKA: what I love): jumping out of a helicopter at 14,000 feet, traveling alone, my ever-changing opinion, giraffes, Harry Potter (duh), Beverley (Zamibia), Mohammed (West Bank), Monicah (Kenya), mangoes, crushes, photography, solitude, journaling, kisses, birthday parties, Catch Phrase, babies, difficult phone calls, God, rejecting family legacies, life, remembering, good hair days, giving instead of hoarding, a challenge, listening, talking, food, reading poetry aloud, faithfulness, security, my job, "I Want You Back"--Jackson 5, summertime, not knowing if I can do it and doing it anyways, sing-a-longs, unstuckness, etc, etc, etc.To Be Continued...
Friday, April 9, 2010
synonyms/antonyms
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
good thinking.
Kara this post was SO clever. I love your heart ;)
Post a Comment