This is the first entry of the new section of my blog "Kara Goes to Junior High." It documents my junior high years with actual pages from my junior high diary. Welcome and enjoy.

"A lot has happened. I stopped liking Elliott Brown because he looks like frankinstein. I liked Sean McFaul but My Friend Brooke Kirby fell for him at they've been acting like there going to get married, so now I like Elliott again.
I passed fourth grade. I'm going in to 5th. I hope I Get Mrs. Harrison. she seems nice. there are only 48 more days untill my birthday. I even made a chain. "
This is how I start the update on my life. Ridiculous. Somehow, not surprising at all.
I don't quite know where to begin. My priorities? My handwriting? The fluid movement of my thoughts? My embarrassing grasp (or lack thereof) of the English language? Spelling? Capitalization? Granted, I knew enough to pass the fourth grade. We should definitely celebrate that great feat. And I was learning all sorts of heart-lessons. Lessons on popularity and love, the theme of almost every entry of this journal.
Sean McFaul was pretty popular. He was kind of a bad boy. The quintessential would-be party guy. You'll soon find out that I was not. Thankfully, fourth grade was before the popularity hierarchy was fully established and before I realized just how dorky I was. Unfortunately, I'd already started dreaming about my prince charming. He wore Stussi t-shirts and had bleach blond tips. Elliott Brown didn't quite make the cut. (Or did he? When things don't work out with Mr. Popular, I guess the average 10 year old girl is more than okay with settling for Frankenstein? Yes, these are my first ideas about the dating world. I started with unhealthy ideas to deconstruct. Lucky me.) Elliott Brown was the first in a long line of crushes and unrequited love. You'll soon see--there will be much more on that later.
Personally, my favorite part is the birthday chain. Apparently there aren't too many differences between 1998-Kara and 2011-Kara: thirteen years later, I still love birthdays. Convenient because there are only 3 more days untill my birthday. No chain necessary.
Why Justin Jones is So Great (A Preview of the Next Entry): "I skipped my piano lesson today because I hadn't practiced at all. Justin Jones is so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
3 comments:
oh my gosh this is amazing. i can't wait for the next one.
and don't feel bad. i'm pretty sure that's exactly what i was concerned about in the 4th grade (maybe i still am) and how all my journal entries started...and ended.
Bahahahahah, so awesome. This is definitely my favorite feature of any blog anywhere
Best idea ever.
Post a Comment