when God made me
He shaped the cartilage in my kneecaps
and grew my fingers long enough to span entire octaves
He chose the specks in my eyes from an infinite color palette
He decided that I would prefer wildflowers
and told my hair how to respond to humidity
when He wrote my story
He captured every circumstance
every intention
every gaze
every sentence
every breath
when God made the animals
one by one by one
He perfected the shade of their fur
and the pace of their step
and in the trees
He put His breath and life
He watched it all begin to dance
a million years it could have taken Him
a million years of delicate workmanship
a million years of patience
patience/pay-shence:
the capacity to accept or tolerate delay, trouble or suffering without getting angry or upset
I know so little of patience
less, even, of focusing our patience on Him
my heart is too busy focusing on my delays
my troubles, my suffering
every thing standing in the way of reaching the desires of my heart
even the desires of His heart
I rush them
maneuvering and manipulating
craving instant gratification and immediate answers
I turn away from the journey
I am no gardener, lovingly watching crops grow
I'm hardly an artist, aware of every detail of every project
I know so little of waiting for His timing
trusting in His good and right will
standing there, for as long as it takes
for eternal hopes to become present reality

even still, there is grace in every humbling lesson
[the Lord is wonderfully good to those who wait for Him and seek Him]
--lamentations 3:25
He shaped the cartilage in my kneecaps
and grew my fingers long enough to span entire octaves
He chose the specks in my eyes from an infinite color palette
He decided that I would prefer wildflowers
and told my hair how to respond to humidity
when He wrote my story
He captured every circumstance
every intention
every gaze
every sentence
every breath
when God made the animals
one by one by one
He perfected the shade of their fur
and the pace of their step
and in the trees
He put His breath and life
He watched it all begin to dance
a million years it could have taken Him
a million years of delicate workmanship
a million years of patience
patience/pay-shence:
the capacity to accept or tolerate delay, trouble or suffering without getting angry or upset
I know so little of patience
less, even, of focusing our patience on Him
my heart is too busy focusing on my delays
my troubles, my suffering
every thing standing in the way of reaching the desires of my heart
even the desires of His heart
I rush them
maneuvering and manipulating
craving instant gratification and immediate answers
I turn away from the journey
I am no gardener, lovingly watching crops grow
I'm hardly an artist, aware of every detail of every project
I know so little of waiting for His timing
trusting in His good and right will
standing there, for as long as it takes
for eternal hopes to become present reality

even still, there is grace in every humbling lesson
[the Lord is wonderfully good to those who wait for Him and seek Him]
--lamentations 3:25
1 comment:
absolutely beautiful, Kara!
Post a Comment