Have you heard of StrengthsFinder?
It's this creepily-accurate test to tell you...just guess...your strengths! (Did you see that coming?) I've taken the test twice now, because as I've grown and experienced new things, it's impossible to be unchanged. Except, not too impossible. Some of my strengths have stayed the same. I took it the first time as a sophomore in college (which was...4 years ago. Yikes.) to find that my strengths were Responsibility, Empathy, Developer, Futuristic and Positivity.
This time around, I've got Connectedness, Developer, Input, Empathy and Belief and I'm a little freaked out that Mr. Tom Rath can know so much about me from 34 simple questions.
Developer: "You see the potential in others. Very often, in fact, potential is all you see. In your view, no individual is fully formed...each individual is a work in progress, alive with possibilities. And you are drawn toward people for this very reason...You look for ways to challenge them. You devise interesting experiences that can stretch them and help them grow..."
Input: "You are inquisitive. You collect things--words, facts, books, and quotations. Yours is the kind of mind that finds so many things interesting. The world is exciting precisely because of its infinite variety and complexity...You keep acquiring and compiling and filing stuff away. It's interesting. It keeps your mind fresh. And perhaps one day some of it will prove valuable."
Empathy: "You can sense the emotions of those around you. You canfeel what they are feeling as though their feelings are your own. You hear the unvoiced questions. You anticipate the need...You help them give voice to their emotional life."
Belief: "[Your belief] gives your life meaning and satisfaction...It provides you with direction, guiding you through the temptations and distractions of life toward a consistent set of priorities....Your work must be meaningful; it must matter to you..."
What do you think?? Did they name my strengths?
Have you taken it? What are your strengths??
Interested? Check it out.
1 comment:
Ooooh I can't wait to take this test. Perhaps write a blog post on it too. ;)
Post a Comment