Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

i want to pack everything into boxes, sell half of it, and store the rest away for safekeeping
to leave san diego and california and the united states and become a settler in a new land
long, dark hair and skinny arms
i want to stockpile headbands and a v-neck for every day of the week

i want to sleep in a tent and wake up with the sun
to escape the trappings of materialism
to find comfort in my discomfort and peace in my unrest
i want to fall in love and feel beautiful when i laugh

i want people to stop over-compensating out of their own guilt and i want to tell you how i really feel
i want to sit at my piano and play for my ears only
to find the perfect-fit jeans and wear them until the threads unravel
i want Aslan, and i want to be like lucy

how about you?

3 comments:

Kendra said...

I absolutely love this.

Robin Norgren, M.A, R-YT, Spiritual Director said...

I actually get to do this in about 60 days. I am making a big move to Germany and basically selling off everything to do it. I am excited and terrified at the same time. Mostly excited.

Megan said...

When you write, I feel like your words might as well be my own. I LOVE this and I totally agree.